Common complaints if you have sleeping problems:
- Difficult for you to fall asleep, even when you feel tired.
- Your mind race when you are trying to sleep.
- You feel like having high energy at night.
- You frequently waken between 2-3 am
- You have trouble going back to sleep once awakened.
- You often feel exhausted in the morning, feels like you are not getting enough sleep.
- You frequently feel drowsy throughout the day.
Why sleep is important?
Sleep is the body’s way of resetting itself, helps your body readjust to the stresses placed upon it during the day. It is during the deep stages of sleep the body performs the highest degree of metabolic repair & and tissues regeneration, absorption of minerals to build bone and muscle, and clean-up of dead cells to strengthen the immune system and fight infections—all are critical physical activities after a day of stress.
What happen if you don’t have enough sleep?
In short run, you will feel & look tired, and having ‘panda’ eyes. And if it’s continue on, your natural stress response will not be able to function properly and your hormones (e.g growth hormone, thyroid, cortisol, leptin) will be out of balance, and will lead to premature aging, weight gain, chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer and many more.
A lot of factors are involved if you have sleeping problem, but the major causes of sleeping problem are :
- Elevated bedtime cortisol
- Low melatonin output and/or timing
- Low progesterone
- Sleep apnea
About the program
- The solution is NOT taking a prescribed-sleeping pill.
- The assessment will help you figure out what causing your sleep problem, as each person is unique, from your diet, life style & life stories.
- Address the causes of your sleep problem; while most person will share similar needs (blood sugar control, relaxation, etc), some will need specific treatment (natural sleep aids, adaptogenic supplements, etc).
- The approach & treatment is to fit the individual need.